Canberra Imaging Group is committed to environmental sustainability and has the following policy in practice within our business.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all Canberra Imaging Group’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our Partners, employees and contractors – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Canberra Imaging Group will develop guidelines for Partners, employees and contractors to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- Canberra Imaging Group will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. We will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities, and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use reasonable endeavours to reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure our operations and services are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use all reasonable endeavours to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use reasonable endeavours to utilise our particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use all reasonable endeavours to contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through the management of our landholdings.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use all reasonable endeavours to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in our field, and will, in addition, adhere to the more stringent requirements of our own environmental policy.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use reasonable endeavours to conduct audits and self-assessments of our compliance with this policy.
- Canberra Imaging Group will maintain an open and honest dialogue with Partners, employees and contractors about the environmental, health and safety performance of our operations and services.
- Canberra Imaging Group will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that every Partner, employee and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.
- Canberra Imaging Group expects that its suppliers will adopt a similar approach to ensuring they conduct their business operations in a manner that promotes environmental sustainability, adheres to all relevant laws and regulations and aims to reduce waste. When choosing significant suppliers, Canberra Imaging Group will perform an assessment of their environmental policies and credentials.